anonymous jones

Dedicated to the nicheless and the nameless ... fringe-dwellers of the madding crowd (does that sound pretentious enough?..)

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Am I taking crazy pills? Am I seeing doppelgangers everywhere? Does anyone know where to place the umlaut in that word?

It's concerning, yes. Something has happened to the rarified world of celebrities, dear readers, and I know just what that is:
They have run out of faces!
They are, in fact, recycling them.

It's true! Now you may remember my most uncanny observation, many blogs ago, that Brad Pitt was turning into John Denver complete with his chipmunk cheeks and all. Remember that?
Well, IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN! Oh, and not just once - no isolated occurences here! It's breeding! Do they think we are too stupid to notice? For instance, Mischa Barton. The OC. Night time soap. WELL! She has recycled the very face of day time soap star Deidre Hall, who is Marlena in Days of Our Lives! BUSTED!!!
Then, there is Angelina Jolie. She has re-used (probably without permission) the features of Jaco Pastorius. Don't know who he is? The JIMI HENDRIX of bass guitar, that's who ! - and just as dead. Same eyes, same kissy lips - same!
And this morning, besides Karen Carpenter and Margot Kidder (Lois Lane in the old Superman movie) another FREAKISH DOPPELGANGER SIGHTING happened. Freakish, I say, because it's not only old dead celebs whose faces are getting nicked - it has CROSSED OVER into the virtual world of animation! Consider for a moment, if you please, this evidence I will present. Item one: the new-fashioned Barbie. Item two: Emilie de Ravin who is Claire from the TV show "Lost". I'M GOING NUTSO!!
But the one that has got to me recently is Robbie Williams. Now, I don't listen to his music, but I see his face on the telly all the time and and OH MY! Robbie Williams is the GREEN GOBLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Except without the green.
WHO'S NEXT??? Where will it all end? I'm feeling a bit ripped off by all this. It's an outrage, an outrage! I like my celebrities original, though maybe surgically altered ..
Gasp!
There's an idea! ..... An awful lot of them seem to be recycling pre-owned features from the dearly departed .. Yes, it is becoming clear now! John Denver -DEAD, Jaco - DEAD. Deidre Hall - alive .. but her character, Marlena, has died several times on Days of Our Lives and come back to life ........ so DEAD DEAD DEAD!
Spare parts. IT'S EASIER TO GET SPARE PARTS!!!
What's simpler? To get a new wheel arch for your Goggo Mobile - or one for your Hyundai Getz?
They keep the parts in high circulation thus extending the lifetime of their use/career!
My theory is that this is a conspiracy.

4 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My God-It's True!!!!!
Woman, you've either got one hell of an imagination or you're the smartest person on the planet. I love coming here to see what you've come up with next.

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger FarmWife said...

Yikes! That is frightening...and it seems oddly true. I was told I have a doppleganger on my last trip to Wal-Mart...hmmm

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger anonymous jones said...

Well, then there's me and Liv Tyler- surely it can't be COINCIDENTAL .... surely we were separated at birth? ? .....

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

For some reason, everywhere I go, people say "You look so familar". I mean EVERYWHERE. I must have a twin.
BTW, thanks for the comment on my blog. I love company.
Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home