anonymous jones

Dedicated to the nicheless and the nameless ... fringe-dwellers of the madding crowd (does that sound pretentious enough?..)

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I'M BACK!
CALLOO CALLAY O FRABJOUS DAY, I CHORTLE IN MY JOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes! The school holidays have ended!!! Now that was a long, long two weeks. But now I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Well, technically speaking I suppose I should be doing other more "profitable" things, and dear reader, maybe you should be, too - but we have to maintain our mental health, don't we? So a little 'me time' is good for both of us.

Now, I am not the most socially enthusiastic person in the world, and I do not need to be surrounded continually by others. If I was in a beauty pageant, I would not be gushing "Well, I just looooove people!" And if I can get out of something I will. It's not that I don't have social skills (I can actually keep the conversation going with the most difficult person) it is just that the effort exhausts me and I hate awkward moments. Also, I have been known to upset the apple cart, so to speak, plus social disasters seem to follow me around. Know what I mean ?

Can't stand having visitors, either. And that is as a direct effect of the three little pigs' and their SQUALID HABITS. Instant Jim is oblivious to mess as well. So when THE NEAT FREAK FAMILY came a-knocking during the holidays I was SQUIRMING with embarrassment! Now these people are ALWAYS in ironed clothes. They are completely wrinkle-free. They possess no junk. Their dishes get washed immediately, every time. Their half-used margerine/peanut butter etc is LEVEL and not gouged and full of bread crumb residue, and .. AND THEY WEAR WHITE !!

So they just had to come the day Dog had diarrhoea, didn't they? I live in a pole home and Dog inhabits the verandah that is around the front door (there is a gate to the back yard, going down some steps, but we close that at night). He had actually eaten too much raw bone, which possibly was a bit off, and so during the night he left drippy-doos all over the reeded decking. (I was leaving it to dry to facilitate cleaning up.) Then, he was constipated (from the bits of bone) and I thought it was a good idea to give him a dose of castor oil. BAD IDEA!! Because as I was trying to make polite and gentile conversation with my guests ....
HE CHUCKED UP THE CASTOR OIL AND HIS STOMACH CONTENTS ON THE FRONT DOOR MAT!!! And made a classic barf-noise as he did so. (He'd just eaten a whole left over sausage virtually without chewing, too.)

Of course the door was open( and my lounge room is the first room) so we had front row seats.
Sigh *

I could go on, I guess, about the barbeque I had to host for some American friends, where it rained, and how the pizza type bread I supplied was not cooked properly and was more like eating play-doh etc, but you get the picture now.

Why me? Why is it always me?!

3 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So glad to have you back!

You let neat freaks inside your home! They actually own and USE an iron!!!!

Poor Dog, sounds like he's binging and purging. You're the first person I've ever met who has a bulimic pooch!!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger meand13others said...

You are wonderfully funny!

my husband always asks me why I don't socialize and after running out of excuses I now just tell him the truth...I hate people!

:)

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger shantijoy said...

That is hilarious! I have a "neat freak" section of my family - you can't set down a glass in the middle of drinking, or they will pick it up, dump the drink, and wash it... the silliest thing I've every heard of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home