anonymous jones

Dedicated to the nicheless and the nameless ... fringe-dwellers of the madding crowd (does that sound pretentious enough?..)

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

This is quite disturbing but, dear readers, I AM HEARING VOICES !!!!!!!!

And they are saying " I am cake .... I am lovely ... I am cake".

You know that old saying, 'insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids' ? Well, I am blaming INSTANT JIM because he is a teacher, and he brings home the left over cake from the staff room and so it is he who is responsible for my madness my madness my mad ne ss s. Oh no, I'm twitching again!

He teaches at a boarding school (very la-di-da) and so the kitchen sends up to the staffroom what they have cooked for the kids that day for morning tea. Yes, I know, it is kind of gross to think of consuming foodstuff that has been kicking around a staff room for half a day, sneezed on, coughed on, picked at by the sadistic fingers that we know teachers have. BUT IT'S CAKE!!!!!!!!!!! Enough said.

But it doesn't stop there! He also " come to me .... come to me ... I am in the fridge .... i am lovely ..." brings home the left over cake from class parties at the end of the year, and birthday cakes as well!!!!!!! Oh, and I forgot the fancy caterers' cakes that they feed the teachers when they have to go to some professional development thing and are sweetened up because they don't get paid over-time ... yummy!

" ... am cake ..." The best cake he ever brought home, was this little Chinese boy's birthday cake that his mum had got especially made for the class. Well, I suppose
she had because it was huge - ALL THE MORE FOR US ! It was a chocolate mud cake with little blue icing pigs all over the top. Now, that cake really spoke to me! ".. LOVELY ...."

Look, I'm sorry - but I have to go now, must dash.

I AM COMING, MY DARLING ... I AM COMING!!!! ...

9 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

No fair! I'm trying to drop a few pounds so I won't look quite so hippo-ish in a bathing suite and your tempting me with cake!

Your sidebar has dropped all the way down to the bottom on the right. Go to your template (under settings) and look for:

@media all {
#main {
width: 400px;
float: left;
}

#sidebar {
width: 226px;
float: right;
}

Change the sidebar width to 2oo, hit preview and see what happens. Nothing will really change until you save it and republish.

You can play with it all you want, just hit clear edits if you don't like what you see.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, the reason I knew this if I know how to see your template, but I can't change it. All I did was pull up your page, go to the top menu under view and click source. That will show you the template for whatever blog your looking at.

I've learned by trial and error. You can do it.
8-}

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

It looks fine to me, the side bar is where it should be on my screen.

How about some peach cobbler? I just got some out of the oven. We are taking lunch over to my mom and Dad's house so we can spend some time with them today. Ya'll come on!

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger FarmWife said...

LOL!!! There are jelly beans in my kitchen calling my name...and don't even get me started on pie...

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Thanks for the info. about the puppies. I'm not sure what we're getting. Are they big dogs? My dog now is about 35-40 pounds and stays about knee high.

Thanks!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Chauntecleer said...

Props to you for STEALING PEOPLE'S BIRTHDAY CAKES!

*Points accusing finger at you.*

Cake Stealer!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Now I'm the one confused. I looked at home and and on two different computers at work, and your sidebar has dropped to the bottom on all three. Maybe it just doesn't like me and is attempting to hide?

Since everone else but me sees it OK, in the immortal words of Emily Litella "Never Mind"

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this made me laff right the hell out loud...i feel your pain, or should i say pleasure. i like a nice mix of frosting to cake ratio.....hate cakes wid just a shmear. i mean really, what the hell IS that? most of my 'talking' foodstuffs are generally fat or sugar-based. that way i can work in the cake AND the cheese.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger anonymous jones said...

Hi everyone! This comment is for Bea Gass: thanks for visiting - I'd really like to come over to see your blog, but nothing happens when I click on your name. If you have an URL please leave it, and I will drop by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home