anonymous jones

Dedicated to the nicheless and the nameless ... fringe-dwellers of the madding crowd (does that sound pretentious enough?..)

Friday, March 24, 2006

Yep, I've hit the choccy already and it's not even 11a.m.

So, to cheer myself up, I will also flick through a magazine to see how miserable the "Enhanced Ones" are. And don't try and tell me you don't feel a tiny morsel of delight when you see 'stars without makeup' with REAL LIFE CELEBRITY PIMPLES after we have all been made to feel hopelessly inadequate by their publicity machines!

Sometimes dear readers, I hate to say it, but you can be very prematurely judgemental. Oh, go on get huffy then, click the back button or the next-blog button. But I'm in a stink today and if you stay then you are going to have to put up with it! Everyone's a primadonna.

Oh looky look. There's Brad Pitt on the front cover with a silly hat, smiling and looking increasingly more like John Denver with his chipmunk cheeks. Inside a celebrity wedding ... wannabe celebrity more like. Oh, and lovely Gwyneth with little bubby Apple and another on the way. It's so macrobiotically perfect.

AAgh! Yuk. David Beckham - his jacket looks like he borrowed it from Posh. Hmm, maybe he did, he does wear blue nail polish. Poor ol' Liz Hurley and Teri Hatcher, which has the more stringy and emaciated, sunken cheeks? Teri. Eek, a bare bum, what's that for? Blah blah total body tan. Tans are so passe. "OH this season's hot new tip is the beef jerky look !"

Are there no articles?! Wait - here's a very cerebral one on celebs and plastic surgery. Goodness, Rob Lowe reckons he's au naturale, so I guess he didn't steal his chin from Michael Jackson after all. Sharon Stone says "I'm not afraid of ageing". Ah huh. That's the going line. Desperate Housewives, red carpet/red face. Gasp! Xena (aka Lucy Lawless) has gone blonde. Oh, she's living in the Hollywood Hills, so that explains it. I hear it's some kind of clause.

No........ nope.......hang on ............ no. Disappointing.
I can confirm that there is no one as interesting as me in there.



3 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Defragging said...

brad pitt DOES look like john denver..that made me laugh...
i had a boss that looked like john denver only she didn't like it when people started humming 'rocky mountain range' whenever she walked by...(laughing)...

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger FarmWife said...

I loved John Denver. Was never too fond of Mr.Pitt. How can you be a sex symbol with a name like Pitt?
I think you are definitely more interesting.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger anonymous jones said...

Hi all! This comment is for aquqao: English - yes, Italian -yes (but I am very rusty), French -VERY small bits and pieces, Japanese -only the very basics nowadays, Koine Greek - it's a dead language but I used to learn it, and finally Indonesian - sorry!

(But you are welcome to practise on me!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home