anonymous jones

Dedicated to the nicheless and the nameless ... fringe-dwellers of the madding crowd (does that sound pretentious enough?..)

Thursday, May 04, 2006

How low can I go? How much further can I stoop till I scrape the bottom of the barrel of human scummy-ness? If that is a word.

Question: What is worse than stealing candy off a baby?

Answer: Stealing a WONKA WHIPPLE SCRUMPTIOUS CARAMEL DELIGHT BAR off your poor, poor Mother who LIVES IN A NURSING HOME!!!!!!!

Yes, it is true, dear readers, I did do that horrible thing! And now I hang my head in abject shame. So go ahead shake your heads and tut-tut at ME THE CRIMINAL!

I'M SORRY!!

OK, now I will make my plea of insanity. Or at least diminished responsibility. You see, the problem is that my life has been virtually hijacked since my Mum had a major stroke and had to go and live in a "care facility". She is not bent or sick or feeble, but she is incapacitated. I am in charge of all her affairs and it is a HIDEOUS HIDEOUS JOB, since everything is such a mess. Currently I am trying to save her pension (which has already been cut) and her assets from the greedy, griping, grasping government. So I nicked her chocky to get back at her!

I KNOW it's not her fault. Well, not intentionally anyway. But I still feel angry and upset and resentful. (Actually, I had not given it to her yet. It was still in the fridge. But it was reserved.)

So, I think some self-flagellation is in order now, don't you? How about making use of my old riding crop, or one of Instant Jim's belts for a good whipping? Or maybe I could repeatedly shut the cutlery drawer on my fingers and stub my toes on the door jamb? What about a spot of ear-ironing like Dobby did in Harry Potter? Head-banging? Licking the freezer? Flushing the toilet while in situ ? Spinning myself in the dryer? Writing a fan letter to Tom Cruise???

No. None of that is bad enough.

The only suitable punishment that will make me feel awful enough is more guilt. So, I better go get that other Wonka Whipple Scrumptious bar out of the fridge RIGHT NOW !!




3 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts are with you. And yes, EVERYONE knows a good blonde joke and has to tell me!! Just this week, a 6th grade boy (I substitute), told me a really good one! He must have nerves of steel to tell his blonde teacher a blonde joke! But at least it was funny, unlike a lot of blonde jokes I hear!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger anonymous jones said...

Shall I be crass and insensitive enough to tell you my favourite blonde joke? (Like I am going to say NO !) OK, here it is:

Q: WHAT DO YOU CALL A LOYAL BLONDE?

A: A LABRADOR!!!

Ahhh, I've gotta million of 'em!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger PURPLE.EYEZ said...

Hi there. Thanks for dropping by at my blog. I'm sorry too about your mother. Hope she'll be ok. By the way, do u have an answer for this one :
Q: How can you tell if a blonde is a good cook?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home