anonymous jones

Dedicated to the nicheless and the nameless ... fringe-dwellers of the madding crowd (does that sound pretentious enough?..)

Monday, April 23, 2007

I don't know why the comments settings had been altered on my blog recently, but I have fixed it now! Maybe I did something to it while my brain was doing something else: that sometimes happens.

Or maybe it was the CIA getting back at me for all the nasty comments I made about the US military keeping Australian citizen David Hicks at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba? (Who knew they read the Unofficial Australia's Biggest Loser website off-topic forum ??!)

Mystery. Anyway, before I go, does anyone know much about feeding mutant, one-eyed goldfish? I have a small deformed fantail that is the sole survivor of three goldfish we bought on the holidays. Initially, for a few days, they were in an outdoor pot-pond, but when they started looking ill I brought them inside into treated water (with an airstone) in an icecream container. Now, Bobette's one eye is boggly and I'm pretty sure it is not much good to see anything with let alone tiny bits of food. Plus she has no big school of friends anymore to follow around and thereby happily bump into her meals. I have put a skinned pea in there (not interested) and one little bit of floating/sinking fish food but she can't see it. Any suggestions? I don't think she's sick anymore; her slime coat has gone and she swims pretty normally, though slow. I've thought of raining food down, like mortar bombs, but this would affect the water quality. What can I do??!!

Help!

3 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Oh my.. I don't know about the fish, just wanted to say "hi".

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger DPTH International said...

Hello! I couldn't comment for a while, but I was reading! The only fish I had were guppies and they reproduced as often as they died, so the cycle of life was ever flowing. Survival of the fittest I guess. Good luck though!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger anonymous jones said...

Thanks, but the poor thing died.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home