anonymous jones

Dedicated to the nicheless and the nameless ... fringe-dwellers of the madding crowd (does that sound pretentious enough?..)

Friday, March 09, 2007

ROMANCE IS OFFICIALLY DEAD.

And every three seconds around the world someone buys a piece of broken hearted tragedy!



HOW COME NOBODY TOLD ME THAT KEN AND BARBIE BROKE UP???!!

There have been an awful lot of seconds since FEBRUARY 12TH 2004! Yes: 96 917 178 of 'em! And you can say it in three seconds. Less than that ! Try it: "KENANDBARBIEBROKEUP!" "BarbiedumpedKen" "SkankBarbieditchedtoyboy" "KenplayswithBratz" .

So what's the goss? Give us the juice: what happened????

43 years. They have been going out for forty-three years! Mattel's childhood-smashing spokesperson gave the mimsy explanation, "They just wanted to spend some quality time apart. They remain friends," which of course, is a load of twoddle!

Enter the villain of the story: Blaine the Australian Boogie boarder.

Now, I've heard the rumours going around that Ken finally came out of the closet of the dream-house, but I think that's a misconception started by all the loser -looks they've given Ken over the years (Nutcracker Ken and Tea Party Ken with Teddy Bear come to mind). THE MAN IS IN CHARGE OF HER BARBEQUE, for goodness' sake, AND ANY MAN THAT CAN HANDLE A PAIR OF TONGS OVER AN OPEN FLAME IS ALL MAN! Even though he's plastic. Now BLAINE is another matter and that's a girly la-la name for a start. No self-respecting Australian male would ever answer to that! (They should have made it "Blainzy" .) And just look at him:

Doesn't he remind you of someone?

Some people say it was all Barbie's careers that were to blame, or that Ken just never would commit and the wedding kept getting postponed, or that she was never really interested anyway and he was only ever arm-candy to her. Perhaps.

Then some others suggest that it wasn't Blaine that Barbie dumped Ken for but it was, in fact, G.I. Joe, or Action Man. I've even heard that she left him for Barney the purple dinosaur! (He's way too old for her.)

Like all good dramas, this one has a skeleton in the closet. (Not Ken's closet, a different one)(Not Blaine's closet a different different one!). Bild Lilli. Ever heard of Bild Lilli? Well, she's the doll that Barbie Millicent Roberts ripped off.

True! Here's a vintage Barbie:

Here's a Bild Lilli: She was a German-made doll only sold in tobacconists for "the pleasure of gentlemen". Same face as Barbie Number One (1959) same body with torpedo bosoms, same approximate size, and she even came with clothes to dress (and undress) her in. Mattel differentiated their Barbie (eventually) from Bild Lilli by giving her plastic permanent-undies.
So, I'm thinking maybe Bild Lilli has come back after many years and out-vamped Barbie and nicked Ken off her! European hussy! (No perma-knickers either.)

Still, I remain an idealist. I am a Romantic! (I spiral-permed my hair like Jane Seymour did in that Le Jardin ad.)

Ken and Barbie. It's destiny! They will drive off into the sunset in a pink convertible yet !! It's like Romeo and Juliet! Anthony and Cleopatra! Rhett and Scarlett! Ridge and Brooke! Bert and his pigeon! Ernie and his worm! Carson Kressley and
Come to think of it, Ken has plastic dacks, too.



It's doomed.

7 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yes, it's true and it's tragic. We may never be the same. Our icons our gone. It's over. We. Must. Move. On.

*Thanks for stopping by my blog :)*

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger FarmWife said...

Do you think that maybe Ken left Barbie for Carson? It is a possibility...

This is a very tragic discovery & dont' get me started on how betrayed I feel...I thought it was bad when Brit left K-Fed...but Barbie and Ken?!?!

And that little German floozie has a lot of nerve...but then if Babs was elbowing in on her territory, maybe she got what was coming.

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger DPTH International said...

I never really thought it would last. I mean they both seemed so fake and both were very indecisive about careers and looks. They always seem to be smiling which made me think about all the sadness they've been bottling up.

Sooooo.... Barbie's single now huh. Maybe I could be the rebound guy!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

Wow when you compared Blain to the queer eye guy I cracked up!

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Norma Haacke said...

All I know is that since the break up, Barbie is appearing in movies, and is seen all over the place once again. Ken was to Barbie what K-Fed was to Britney Spears.

Maybe Britney should look into those permanent undies?

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Oh my. Thanks for the info, I didn't know. Will love ever be the same?

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Kim G. said...

A.J. - Thanks for stopping by my blog. Nice to "meet" ya!

Loved the musings on Ken and Barbie. I think you have a future in relationship therapy for the plasticized set. I kind of wonder if Barbie caught Ken looking a little too longingly at her little sister, Paige.

And the info about the doll for "gentlemen" - eeewwww! Not sure I can play with my Barbie ever again after reading that one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home