anonymous jones

Dedicated to the nicheless and the nameless ... fringe-dwellers of the madding crowd (does that sound pretentious enough?..)

Thursday, March 22, 2007





You know, sometimes I just hate EVERYTHING.

For example: there is this IKEA ad where the kid asks his mum where a certain toy is and she says,

"Stuffed toy or action figure?"

And he says,

"Action figure"

and she says,

"Battery powered or electronic?"

and he answers,

"Electronic".

Then the camera zooms in to her smarmy Stepford-wife face so all you can see is her red-lipsticked smug smirk at the left of the screen, and the kid is all a blur in the background. And the camera stays on that as she says,

" Your bedroom, south-east corner cupboard, second column, orange box."

At this point I emit steam out of my ears and entertain thoughts of weapons of mass destruction while my family roll their eyes (again). The hate this illicits must be nation-wide, especially for those of us of a "certain ilk". But what makes it worse is her bloody white decor and her bloody white clothes!!!
That is like a red rag to me.

And I hate those list 10 things you like blogs. I'm sorry if you have done one, dear reader, and I apologize for the (no doubt) sarcastic comment I left. BUT WHEN YOU ARE IN AN '"I HATE EVERYTHING MOOD'" THEN NOTHING ANNOYS YOU MORE THAN A HAPPY BLOGGER! And those little smiley icons and cross-stitchy flowery templates: hate those too. Want to blow them up.

If you are warm and fuzzy and happy and peppy and peachy and keen and fine and dandy then for goodness' sake DON'T ADVERTISE IT. It's just not encouraging to the rest of us. Get some problems. Show offs.

Sometimes I hate everything so much that I even hate hate! Think of all the problems hating stuff causes! If I didn't hate housework so much then I would probably have white furniture and Swedish storage systems and shiny children!
And sometimes I even hate the thought of hating hate!!! And sometimes I just don't like it.

So what about you, dear reader? What is "up your nose" today? Don't fight it! Embrace your negativity for the greater good! My comments box is now open: wipe the smiles off your faces, I'd like one moan or groan from each of you!

5 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck you, and the bull you rode in on!

Enough "hate speech" for you?

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger DPTH International said...

Happy to see a new post! .... soooo, I'll just skip my list of top ten things I like about your blog and just say Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life! Purse Your Lips and Whistle, That's The Key ....

Okay I'll stop now ! Being angry builds character, good show!

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger FarmWife said...

I hate people that leave anonymous comments on blogs.

I hate commercials with mothers whos children are destroying everything in sight while mom sets in her Stepford living room and smiles patronizingly.

I hate that American Idol has now interupted my House viewing for 2 stinkin' months!!! Who really cares?!?!

I hate the day after I've eaten half a pan of brownies on my own.

I do love you though...maybe I'll post 10 things I love about Anonymous Jones...with lots of emoti-cons.

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger FarmWife said...

OH, and I love the word smarmy. We don't use it enough in the states.

But I'm still p.o.ed about House.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger anonymous jones said...

Yes, regarding that first reply: obviously someone with a flowery template. Comment moderation, anyone?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home