anonymous jones

Dedicated to the nicheless and the nameless ... fringe-dwellers of the madding crowd (does that sound pretentious enough?..)

Thursday, September 28, 2006


Holidays! WHO LOVES SCHOOL HOLIDAYS?! (Will all you teachers please put your hands down; I can't see anybody else.)

Yup. Two weeks of UNADULTERATED FUN FUN FUN! All that controlling, all that bossying around, all those peeled grapes, all that FREE CHILD LABOUR!
I seem to drink so much more tea on holidays.

Actually, dear readers, I may be somewhat busy with the Little Pigs for the next fortnight (just in case you may, sniff, miss me or something...). But GUESS WHAT THE HIGHLIGHT IS GOING TO BE??? No, not the trip, not the beach side chalet, not the op shops, not the Busselton Hippy Shop, not the chocolate factory or Mammoth Caves. NO NO NO! It is the traditional (well, since last year anyway) HOLIDAY TIE-DYE T SHIRTS!!!

Woo hoo! But why are the children running away and hiding every time I mention it? Don't they want to wear hoopy froody matching tie-dyed shorts, T shirts, windcheaters, undies and shoe laces? I mean, we are talking matching here; or in the fashion world, I believe they call it 'coordinating'. Yes! Complete outfits! What are those kids? Some sort of freaks???

Haute couture is like vegetables. It's my job (duty!) to make them like it. Love it. Embrace it! And you know, where we are going is a pretty stylish place: chockers full of vineyards, hand-made soap shops, and teachers on holidays. So we must present well, dear readers, we must present well.

I'm going to do my clothes orange with pink circles, and turquoise with purple and blue circles, and pink with orange and maybe yellow circles. Did you notice the recurring circle motif throughout? Clever that. It's a fashion designer technique I picked up. Hoo hoo! Yay! Yay! Yay!

Now where is that grape-peeler of mine? OH, still at school till three o'clock, that's right.


4 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, Blogger DPTH International said...

I'm going to miss you immensely! Well when I only have maybe 5 readers and one is my wife, I miss everybody! Have a great time and maybe you can tye dye the little 'uns in their sleep ... The shirts won't seem that bad afterwards.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Careful, the last time I did tie-dye I finished up with purple hands. Happy Holidays

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger FarmWife said...

I'm on board with the tie-dye! Maybe I should try it with my rug rats!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I love tie-dye! It sounds like you're enjoying the time while your children are at school. Have a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home