anonymous jones

Dedicated to the nicheless and the nameless ... fringe-dwellers of the madding crowd (does that sound pretentious enough?..)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006



Goodness, I'm bored. Which reminds me of a school friend, dear readers, who used to say to me on the phone, "I was bored so I thought I'd ring you". Flattering, yes, in a desperate type of way. Her nick-name was 'Slow' and her older sister used to dye her hair grey. They had a backyard full of chooks and ferrets and budgies and all sorts of animals. Lots of poo.

Anyway, I was bored so I thought of you, dear readers. Well, actually not bored really but rather lazy. Yes, lazy is a good description. I could be doing all kinds of stimulating domestic facilitating but .. can't be bothered!

If everything is messy then it all kind of matches, doesn't it? I like to think of it as 'squalor chic'.

YAWN. This is too tiring.


4 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Blogger DPTH International said...

Hey,

I was bored so I thought I'd come by and drop you a note .... (cough,cough) Anywho, it turns out my friends were worse critics then I was ... hmmmm ... maybe I should re-evaluate those friendships ....

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My excuse for having a dirty house is not laziness, it's the sacrifice I make to ensure that my children don't grow up having horrible allergies....

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I prefer to consider it "lived in". Life's too short to worry about dust when you have fun things to do. I never claimed to be a good housekeeper but then again, if you can't stand the clutter invite me to your house instead of visiting.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Angelina said...

I think you've coined a great new term! "Squalor Chic" has a real ring to it. I know you're not impressed with the pictures of my mess and now I'm afraid that if I post one more commentary on cleaning you are going to think I'm an OCD housekeeper.

I'm really not. Six days a week: squalor chic, one day a week: Martha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home