anonymous jones

Dedicated to the nicheless and the nameless ... fringe-dwellers of the madding crowd (does that sound pretentious enough?..)

Thursday, September 27, 2007



Oh gag.
I saw them putting up all the Xmas junk in Kmart this morning.
* Napoleon Dynamite sigh sound-effect.
Oh great. Oh hurrah. Oh woopy-do. Oh gag, again.

You know what this means, don't you? This means that all the Xmas nazis will be out in full force.

OH, WOE BETIDE YOU IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DO XMAS LIKE THE MASSES!
















A Japanese Xmas card.
(Yep, I thought that, too.. )

.
.
.
I am always amazed at how the freshly cranked up 'peace and goodwill' suddenly stops at your feet if you have opted out of Xmas. Jesus never did Xmas. In fact, Jesus never asked anyone to do it - it was all invented hundreds and hundreds of years later by the Catholics, adapted from a pagan festival that was changed around. Actually, if you want to remember Jesus, then what about doing the Lord's supper which, after all, is how the Bible says Jesus asked to be remembered?( "Do this in remembrance of Me." )
Oh, but that would require going to church each week, which is not as easy as an annual pig-out plus prezzies. Hmm. Does God deal in once-a-year religious fixes??
.
Yes, I'm a bit irked. It's such a hideous industry and nothing to do with what the person it pretends to honour wanted at all. YEAH, I KNOW SOME OF YOU WILL DISAGREE AND I've heard all the warm fuzzy usual blah blah "the spirit of Xmas" arguments. It's like a mass brain washing. But I like accuracy. I like things to be authentic. I can't stand fake.



The bad taste Beckhams at it again.







So I won't have anything to do with it.

Am I going to tell you what to do? No. But just have a think. And if you decide to free yourself then know that there is a huge subculture of different people doing the very same. Some of them nominate New Year's Day as a gift-giving time (which kids love just as much) and some of them join in with Festivus (for the rest of us) a la Seinfeld. Some just go au naturale and do nothing!





I applaud the Christians who have taken Christ out of Xmas!

This is probably not going to be a popular post, dear readers, is it?

Too radical. Too scary. Too socially unacceptable.

3 Comments:

At 3:50 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Christmas? YUCK!

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger DPTH International said...

I thought Jesus was Santa. Boy was I wrong.

Does that mean Satan is Santa ... hmmm

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger pilgrimchick said...

I'm amazed that the stuff is already coming out. That's incredible. Oh, and that is a fabulously bad Beckham shot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home